Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Life without Modern Tat?


Whats the real meaning behind modern tat?
As I sit here in my cave, I realise even in the most basic of environments today's kids are surrounded by what we'd describe here at MT as Tat. Be it my iPhone, or the Sony CMT stereo I've got it docked into leaving my 
ears pleasantly occupied by Jimmy Eat World, it's all signs of consumer integration into today's lifestyle.




We buy things to make our lives easier. Everyone does; a house for instance, keeps you off the streets, a car to get you around town, or a bus ticket for a fraction of the price. An espresso machine that may save you a couple of minutes and all the effort. The list is endless.
So what am i rambling on about? Asking myself the same question I reach to refill my glass of Jack and contemplate where I'm going with this one.

Success.
I may have these gadgets in front of me, and yes they really DO make my life easier and in some parts bearable. So what would i do without them? I don't honestly know, which gives me a great idea. Beginning at 00:01 on the first of January for a week at a time I will go without a gadget or gizmo I use on a daily basis and document how or IF I manage to cope without.
Now I have many things I use for both business and personal reasons, that weren't always there to people whom did my job or lived the lifestyle I do. But they must have done it some how right? This ranges from the apps I use on my phone to keep myself punctual (as simple as the alarm), to items that offer a failsafe should I be late, Sky+ for example. In fact I use Sky+ all the time for programs throughout the day while i'm either at work or simply watching something else that I deem more entertaining at the time.
And so it shall begin, I think i'll make that my first. The first week of January minus my sky+. Now I know there is a wide variety of shows beginning come the turn of the year so i'll need to find a more primitive means of recording my evenings watch. Wheres the old VCR.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.