When I first started using the Xbox 360 in late 2007 I had no idea that the novel concept known as the achievement system would completely change and dictate the way I play games and the games I actually buy. Four long years and over 100 games later my current gamerscore is 79819 and I still cannot get rid of the fact that I still am what is known collectively as an achievement whore.
| Still a long way to go. |
Achievements add numerous positives to a game like replay value and bragging rights over your friends, but they can also have several negatives such as stress when you cannot do what is required and also boredom (seriously who there right mind's gonna go and shoot 300 pigeon's for 10 gamerscore, eh Grand Theft Auto 4?).
Now, I'll admit I have bought my fair share off questionable games solely for the purpose of boosting my gamerscore (King Kong, Eat lead:The Return of Matt Hazard, WWE Legends) and forced myself to finish many underwhelming games to boost my gamerscore (Mini Ninjas, Brink and most recently Spiderman: Edge of Time). I've also spent hours and hours grinding on games just to get a few measly gamerpoints (LA Noire's Magpie achievement I'm looking at you again!) but I can honestly say I don't mind one bit.
At the time of writing my gamerscore is 79819 and I'm hoping to get into the 100,000 club around summer(ish). Between now and then there's many a game I want to play and exploit for gamerpoints including 5 games that are currently sat on my shelf (Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Saints Row: The Third, Sonic Generations, Fallout:New Vegas and Halo:Anniversary) and the numerous other games to be released.
So from now until I reach 100,000 gamerscore I'll be blogging and updating my progress. So keep reading and I'll be there in no time!
Merry Christmas everyone
Peace
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.